Are you interested in working as a trainee in USA on H3 Visa? Here we will explain in detail how to apply for H3 Visa, documents for H3 visa requirements, the Processing time for H3 visa here. So, Let us briefly discuss on h3 visa and go into the topics deep.
What is H3 Visa?
What is H3 Visa? Here is the answer to the question. The H-3 visa is a nonimmigrant visa given to an alien coming temporarily to the United States. Generally, H3 Visa is given under these two categories.
- Trainee This allows individuals to undertake job-related training in the US for a period of up to two years in a US company and this training cannot be available in the trainee’s home country. However, training provided cannot be for graduate medical education or for the purpose of providing employment.
- Special Education Exchange Visitor It is to participate in a special education exchange visitor training program for a period of up to 18 months for practical training and experience in the education of children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities.
H3 visa Limitations
To issue H3 Trainee Visas there is no numerical limit and there is no annual cap. But not more than 50 H3 visas are approved for the H-3 special education exchange visitors in a fiscal year.
H3 Trainee Visa Requirements
To accredit for Visa H3 training visa, the person must be coming to the USA to receive H3 training in areas such as commerce, communication, agriculture, government, Transportation, finance, or any other profession. The temporary H3 Visa trainee must demonstrate that
- The recommended training is not available in the H3 Visa applicant’s home country.
- Must be coming to participate in a training program temporarily as a trainer other than to receive graduate medical education or training.
- Needs the training to benefit in pursuing the career outside the US.
- The training offered will not be productively employed.
Hence, these are the H3 Visa Requirements which are mentioned above.
Special Education Exchange Visitor Requirements
Special education exchange visitor program came under Section 223 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (IMMACT90) which allows special education teachers to receive special training and experience in the education of children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities in the United States. In order to get H3 Special education exchange visitor Visa, the petitioner must be filed by a facility which has
- Professionally trained staff.
- The training with experience to participants in the special education exchange visitor Program.
- Education to children with disabilities(Any custodial care of children must be incidental to the beneficiary’s training).
In addition to training program, the petitioner must prove that the special education exchange visitor
- Meets the completion of a bachelor’s degree or higher degree program in special education.
- Already pursued a baccalaureate or higher degree in special education.
- Had prevalent earlier training and experience teaching children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities.
Required Documents for H3 Visa
After the Foreign national has offered a training program with a US company or US government agency, the US sponsor has to file Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, with the USCIS. If the visa petition approved, an H3 Visa applicant should file the Form DS-160, Application for Nonimmigrant Visa with a nearby US Consulate with the following h3 visa requirements.
- Firstly, A complete description of the H3 training program, staff, facilities, including a number of classroom hours per week and number of on the job, oriented training hours per week is required.
- A detailed explanation of H3 trainee participation in the program along with the reasons why the training needed.
- Proofs of qualifying degrees and education obtained by the applicant relevant to the current training program.
- Letters from the government or from the company of H3 Visa applicant home country stating that such a training is unavailable in the home country.
- Summarization of the previous training or relevant experience of the applicant to the current training program.
- Documents like bank account statements, property and share holdings and others to indicate the strong social and economic bindings of the applicant to his/her home nation to convince the visa officer that the applicant return to his/her home country.
- Letter from the Labour Department back home describing the job opportunities for the applicant after obtaining H3 training in the USA.
- Form I-797, Notice of Approval for H-3 visa petition.
- Valid passport of the applicant and each dependent family member.
- A single passport regulation photo of the applicant and each dependent family members of the applicant.
- Birth certificate for the applicant and each dependent family member accompanying the applicant.
- Marriage certificate showing registration of status between applicant and spouse.
Processing Time for H3 Visa
The filing fee for USA H3 Visa cost is $190.The standard processing time for the H3 Visa Petition is four to six weeks, followed by one to three month H3 Visa USA application processing time.
Reasons for H3 Visa Rejection
Before issuing H3 Visa USA to the applicant, the Consular Officer of the USA views all the important aspects necessary to grant a visa.It is necessary to be aware of the reasons for H3 visa rejection due to
- Availability of same training program in the beneficiary’s home country.
- The intention of the applicant to stay in the United States.
- Lack of providing the documents for the proof.
- Duplicating the same training program which is already pursued.
H3 Visa Immigration
After entering the United States, the US border officer will examine the paperwork and sometimes may ask some questions. If everything goes well then they allow for entry in the United States. On the other hand, the border officer will stamp the passport and provides the foreign national with a white card I-94, which is an Arrival-Departure Card in USA. H3 Visa is stamped with the date showing how long the trainee may stay in the USA. Normally, the trainee permitted to remain in the USA until the expiry date listed on the Form I-797 Approval Notice requested by the Petitioner on Form I-129.
Benefits on H3 Visa
- The H3 Trainee Visa applicant can enter the United States and get training in a professional program with a sponsor in the US for a temporary period limited up to a maximum of 2 years.
- An H3 visa for a special education exchange visitor may approve for a period of up to 18 months. If the petition was initially approved for less than 18 months, a new Form I-129 may be filed to request an extension of stay so long as the total period of stay for the special education exchange visitor is less than 18 months.
- The H3 Visa holder can also study to get few credits at US university which might support the training program.
- Travel as many times in and out of the United States without restrictions. Can also stay in the United States until the expiry of H3 Visa status. The USCIS also does not impose any time limit during the validity of H-3 visa.
- H3 Visa holder can also work in the United States. But, employment must limit to minimum hours in the field of the training program.
- Take along the dependent spouse and unmarried children under 21 on H-4 visa. Spouse and children can study in the United States but not be authorized to work in the US until getting an appropriate Work permit Visa. You can also check the complete information in regard to H4 Work Permit In USA.
- Can change Visa status from H3 to H1B Visa if the employer file Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, at the USCIS Regional Service Center.Make sure “change of status” is filed for spouse and children on Form I-539 Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status. Check the eligibility conditions for H1B.
H3 Visa Application